Thursday, July 24, 2008

Macs are Cool if you got the money . . .

This has been my response to Macs for the last seven years. That was the last time I actually bought an Apple product with a keyboard and mouse. Since then I have only bought or recommended iPods and lately the iPhone as a solid Apple Product. "Macs are Cool if you got the money . . ."

I have been teasing myself with getting a new Intel Duo 2 Core Powerbook, er MacBook Pro, see that's how far behind I am. The last time I bought a Mac I was at UCLA and had the benefit of a University discount. The darn things cost $2,500. For that price I could get two Dell Notebooks and a Printer.

However there may be a new offering from Apple this fall. the New York Times reports that Apple will introduce a new line of portables this fall at competitive pricing. Apple executives have figured it out, "most people don't buy our stuff because it's so expensive." The sales of the iPhone at $199 prove that. Likewise the introduction of low cost PC Laptop at Staples and BestBuy may be the motivating factor behind being more competitive on pricing for Apple.

Here is the link form the New York Times.

No comments: