Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Apple's new iPhone and iPod Touch



I think I will be using my Economic Stimulus Payment Tax Rebate on a new iPod Touch. The new model is now 32GB and a true alternative to my 30GB iPod. For $499 I can now check my mail, read the NYTIMES, update my blog and listen to my entire Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis Collection at the same time. The $145 billion economic stimulus package represents 1 percent of the GDP (gross domestic product) and just cleared the Senate yesterday. So hurrah! George Bush is getting me an iPod touch!

Oh they also updated the iPhone to 1/2 the capacity of the new iPod Touch, this is lame. The iPhone is now 16GB and includes a $300 upfront fee from AT&T, which still make the cost of ownership to high for me. It also lacks a camera. To quote Gremlin on Engadget, "$500 iPhone should have 24GB, or they should have made it $550 and made 32GB. Either way, it just doesn't make much sense to run out and get this 16GB iPhone."

No comments: