Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One Month with the iPhone 3G



Greg: "You have two phones."

Me: "Yes I do. I am not giving up my Blackberry."

Greg: "But you can get a Blackberry with AT&T."

Me: "Yeah but I have a Verizon Blackberry. It has much better service."

Greg: " Oh."

That sums up my experience with the iPhone 3G so far. After a month of regular use I find it harder and harder to give up my Blackberry. The Verizon network has a stronger signal, in about a month 3G will be available in the United States and I will most, likely update my Blackberry Curve to a Blackberry Bold with 3G. (See picture above.)

The iPhone is like a sports car, an Italian sports car, it gets a lot of attention but its not a very good phone for everyday use. Not a daily driver you'd take to Costco. On August 19, 2008 Apple release a 2.0.2 firmware update for the iPhone 3G, signal strength improved but my voice calls still drop inside my house.

The Safari Browser is limited. Apple should allow Flash to work. I think I will hold my breath until there is a 2.1 firmware update. After a month of good use the Blackberry is still a better phone, the Blackberry Bold may have a better browser. I will let you all know. It will be available for AT&T in September and in January 2009 for Verizon.

No comments: